Apartment Accidents

Darlington County, South Carolina Apartment Accident Lawyer

There’s nothing more important than feeling safe in your own home. Unfortunately, many people are injured in their apartments as a result of unsafe conditions that could have been prevented, had their landlords taken adequate measures to remedy the issue. If you were recently hurt due to unsafe apartment conditions, contact a skilled South Carolina apartment accident lawyer from the James Law Office today.

Apartment Accident Lawyer | Helping Injured Tenants

We know how frustrating it can be to deal with a negligent or indifferent landlord. You’ve asked him to fix an issue several times, yet he never did. For some, this can turn into far more than an annoyance, especially when the hazard causes them to sustain an injury. Our Darlington County, South Carolina slip and fall lawyer is here to help you fight for the full compensation to which you are entitled.

Where Can Apartment Accidents Happen?

Apartment accidents can happen virtually anywhere on the premises, including:

  • On apartment grounds: Parking lot hazards, poor lighting, dangerous sidewalks, and unsafe apartment complex amenities, such as playgrounds or tennis courts, can all lead to serious accidents.
  • In apartment buildings: Dangerous stairways, defective elevators, lack of security, slippery floors, building code violations, and more can also lead to accidents.
  • In apartments themselves: Individual apartment conditions, such as disturbed asbestos, unsafe drinking water, defective balconies, failure to install smoke or carbon monoxide detectors, loose floorboards, and more can also cause serious injuries.

Is My Landlord Responsible for an Injury?

Depending on where and how you were injured, your landlord may very well be liable for your injuries. For example, if you slipped and fell in your apartment complex parking lot due to poor lighting preventing you from seeing where you’re walking, there’s a strong chance you’ll have a valid claim. Additionally, if you have proof that you requested a certain hazard to be remedied (and your landlord had a duty of care to comply, yet failed to do so) and you were injured as a result, you should also have a valid claim. Ultimately, you’ll need to speak with a personal injury lawyer who can assess your case and help determine whether you qualify.

What Damages Can I Recover?

If we can prove you were hurt due to another party’s negligence, you may recover compensation for the damages you’ve incurred. This can include economic damages, such as the cost of medical treatment and lost wages, as well as non-economic damages, such as the pain and suffering and lower quality of life you’ve endured as a result of your accident.

Contact an Apartment Accident Lawyer Today

Don’t wait to start the fight for the compensation you deserve–contact the James Law Office today to schedule your initial consultation with our firm. Our case evaluations are free, so you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by speaking with us.

Visit Us

Darlington Office
54 Public Square

Darlington, SC 29532

CF Image

Get in Touch

Free Consultation (843) 391-9902